|Chesterbrook, PA or Waltham, MA|
Biostatistician I (JO-1605-110) / BDM – Chesterbrook, PA and Waltham, MA
We are seeking a junior /entry-level statistician to join us in our Biostatistics and Data Management group. We are looking for an energetic, focused, detail oriented professional with an interest and desire to work in a fast paced environment on projects for global clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
You will participate in activities related to the analysis of data from clinical trials and support related activities such as DMC work.
Additionally you will help to:
· Develop statistical analysis plans
. Aid in the development of analysis datasets (CDISC or CDISC-like) and TLG specifications
· Perform and interpret statistical analyses
. Provide SAS support in the analysis of data and production/QC of output
. Generate sample size and power using Cytel’s EAST software
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
You must have a MS or PhD in a related field as well as a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in clinical trials
Additionally we require:
• A solid understanding of statistical principles
• Some knowledge of medical/biological terminology and clinical trial designs in relevant therapeutic areas
• Good written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills
• Conversant with SAS programming, and knowledge of SAS procedures and other statistical software
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
• An effective communicator: able to explain methodology and consequences of decisions in lay terms
• An effective team player; willingness to go the extra distance to get results, meet deadlines, etc.
• Ability to be flexible when priorities change
We are looking for two individuals, one to be based in our Chesterbrook PA office and the other in our Waltham, MA location
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive compensation package including base, bonus, vacation & holidays, as well as comprehensive medical and dental benefits and a contributing 401K plan.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Would you like to apply to this job?